Monday, June 3, 2013

Sad news: Singer, Bruno Mars loses mother to brain aneurysm

Bruno Mars’ mother Bernadette Hernandez is said to have died of a brain aneurysm.
The mother-of-six, 55, died on Saturday, a publicist for the singer’s label Atlantic Records told Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.
Mrs Hernandez’s death came after it was initially reported she had suffered a suspected heart attack in Hawaii on Friday and was being treated at the Queens Medical Center in Honolulu.
Devastating: Singer Bruno Mars flew into Los Angeles LAX airport on Friday - the same day his mother suffered a heart attack

more pictures after the cut...




Devastating: Singer Bruno Mars flew into Los Angeles LAX airport on Friday - the same day his mother suffered a heart attack
Devastating: Singer Bruno Mars flew into Los Angeles LAX airport on Friday – the same day his mother was said to have been hospitalised
The Philippines-born matriarch is survived by her Grammy-winning son, his brother Eric and their four sisters Presley, Tahiti, Tiara and Jamie.
She was divorced from Bruno’s father Peter Hernandez, who was of Puerto Rican and Jewish descent.
All of the singer’s siblings’ usually active Twitter accounts have been noticeably quiet since Friday.
Bruno and his brother Eric, who is the drummer in his band, were spotted in Los Angeles on Friday after flying in from Berlin.
Close knit: Bernadette (centre) with her daughters Presley, Tahiti, Tiara and JamieClose knit: Bernadette (centre) with her daughters Presley, Tahiti, Tiara and Jamie
Bernadette’s condition was first reported by Star magazine, who said the 55-year-old was rushed to the hospital near her home in Honolulu and was in critical condition.
‘Bernadette is in hospital and the grandkids are all here, I’m looking after them,’ family friend Anita Sojot told the magazine.
‘The family is on it’s way here right now and we are going to discuss what to do next.’
Support: Bruno in a family photo at Christmas 2012 with his brother Eric and three of his four sistersSupport: Bruno in a family photo at Christmas 2012 with his brother Eric and three of his four sisters
The 28-year-old singer opened up about his childhood in the April issue of Rolling Stone, talking about his family’s penchant for music and dressing as Elvis as a toddler.
‘I wouldn’t trade it for anything,’ Bruno told the magazine of singing in a family band. ‘Because I feel like I can enjoy this so much.’
When he was four he recorded a tune he penned titled I Love You Mom, an 80s style synth ballad in which he repeats the title and calls her ‘my favourite girl’.
‘My mommy helps me with my voice / cuz a superstar singer is my first choice,’ he rhymes.
Close family: Bruno (bottom left) grew up as one of six children to mother Bernadette (centre)Close family: Bruno (bottom left) grew up as one of six children to mother Bernadette (centre)
The youngster, born Peter Gene Hernandez, also talks about chores and obeying his parents.
‘My parents help me out cuz I know they love me / I just wish they buy me more toys and candy.
‘I always brush my teeth cuz my mommy said / I do it in the morning and right before bed.’
Bruno, who is set to launch his Moonshine Jungle Tour in June, also has her name tattooed on his shoulder.
Read more: Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment